This is a great opportunity to join a ground-breaking organisation at an exciting point in its development. IMPRESS is the first press regulator in the UK to be externally recognised as independent and effective under the Royal Charter for self regulation of the press, giving publishers the freedom to report hard-hitting stories and the responsibility to behave fairly if complaints are made against them.
We are looking for an intern to support our growing business needs during the summer of 2022. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and talented individual wishing to develop skills and experience of working in a media regulation environment or relevant field. It may also be suitable as a placement opportunity for a candidate with degree-equivalent experience.
Whilst this is largely an administrative role, there will be opportunities to support staff engaged in communications and case management and compliance activities. This role is for an all-rounder who is prepared to be flexible and can deliver our annual returns project, be a publisher liaison, organise meetings, undertake research, issue contracts and to support systems for ensuring publisher compliance and complaints handling.
The position is primarily based in IMPRESS’s smart new offices in the heart of London, within a short walk of Blackfriars Underground Station. However, we are currently operating a hybrid working arrangement so there may be some opportunity to work remotely for part of the week.
The post holder will report to the Head of Regulation.
- Operationalising the annual compliance return project including liaising with publishers, inputting, and reporting on data, and troubleshooting publisher enquiries with the systems provider
- Checking inboxes, logging, and referring responses
- Updating the CRM
- Guiding prospective publishers through the compliance process and issuing the relevant documentation
- Opening and maintaining publisher and case files
- Logging casework
- Undertaking research
- Assisting the communications and marketing manager with regulatory comms and other support
- Ad hoc tasks where support is needed
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be educated to degree level or to be in the process of studying for a relevant degree, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Enjoy a varied workload, juggling multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Have a professional manner, able to communicate professionally and confidently by email and phone
- Be an experienced user of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Quick learner of content management software
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent written English, able to communicate clearly and coherently
- Be confident with numbers
- Be appreciative of the confidential nature of the work even when outside the workplace including on social media
- Be self-motivated and prepared to provide support as and when needed
Location: IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, EC4V 6AG
Salary: London living wage 11.05 per hour
Hours: 20-30 hours per week spread over 3 or 4 days
Reporting to: Head of Regulation
Contract: 6-month contract with £1k performance incentive at end of contract
HOW TO APPLY Please submit your CV with a short covering paragraph to Alex Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 April 2022.