PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED AND APPLICATIONS ARE BEING SHORTLISTED
IMPRESS is a regulator, standards setter and dispute resolution service provider for newpapers and online newsites. We are the only regulator to be officially approved in accordance with the Royal Charter on self-regulation of the press which followed the 2012 Leveson Inquiry into press misconduct. We help to build public trust in news through the promotion of high standards and ethical practice which ensure audiences receive truthful, accurate and reliable information.
This is an excellent opportunity for a someone with experience in business support and administration who is looking to take the next step in their career. The role offers the chance to develop a variety of skill areas and be an important part of a small and committed team.
This role is for an all-rounder who is prepared to be flexible and take responsibility for a wide range of business support responsibilities in finance, HR, office management, governance and support for other departments. Whilst this is largely an administrative role, there will be opportunities to support staff engaged in communications, business development and complaints handling activities.
The position is based in IMPRESS’s smart offices in the heart of London, within a short walk of Blackfriars Underground Station. During pandemic lockdown restrictions, however, all staff have been working remotely and the successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly on both a short and longer term basis. The post holder will report to the CEO.
- Finance: administering bank accounts, issuing invoices, basic bookkeeping in Quickbooks, working with external accountant to create management reports
- HR: maintain staff records, work with external suppliers for payroll and pension, general support such as arranging references and appraisals, support managers in recruitment and induction processes
- Office management: managing and purchasing supplies, general office upkeep, health & safety checks, first point of enquiry for visitors and callers, liaise with IT support providers
- Governance: Planning Board and committee meetings, preparing papers, administrative support for the CEO, chair and non-executive directors, updating company registers, providing administrative support to committees
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the senior management team
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be educated to degree level or have good A-Level results and to have relevant experience in a similar role
- Enjoy a varied workload, juggling multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent written English, able to communicate clearly and coherently
- Be confident with numbers
- Be appreciative of the confidential nature of the work even when outside the workplace including on social media
- Be self-motivated and prepared to provide support as and when needed
Location: IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, EC4V 6AG with some working from home
Salary: £30,000-35,000 per year dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Reporting to: CEO
Contract: Permanent after 3-month probation period
Closing date: Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 31 March (NOW CLOSED)
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com