Being an ethical publisher under an approved system of self-regulation of the press means a publisher is:
- Operating transparently.
- Has satisfactory systems in place to deal with complaints and compliance.
- Adheres to the IMPRESS Regulatory Scheme and Standards Code.
To make sure regulated publications continue to be compliant with our scheme, we run:
- Interim compliance checks throughout the year.
- And an annual compliance return check at the end of each financial year.
Goals of the Annual compliance returns:
- To make sure all governance information for all our regulated publications is up to date.
- To make sure that their complaints and compliance systems are working correctly, according to the IMPRESS Regulatory Scheme.
- To gather information about the complaints publishers have received, whether the complaints were accepted or dismissed and to understand how complaints were resolved.
>> We check that publishers continue to be compliant, operate ethically and are accountable to the public.
Are you an IMPRESS-regulated publisher?