Are you looking for a business development role with great prospects? Do you want to make a positive contribution to society, support freedom of expression and be part of an organisation that is committed to blazing a trail for a better kind of press regulation?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a ground-breaking organisation at an exciting point in its development. IMPRESS is the first truly independent press regulator in the UK, giving publishers the freedom to report hard-hitting stories and the responsibility to behave fairly if complaints are made against them. You will be a key part of a small team dedicated to growing and developing the business, with opportunities to learn and excel in your role.
IMPRESS started recruiting publisher members last year and we are ready to accelerate the growth of our membership by appointing a Business Development Executive. Being part of a dedicated team you will have lots of support whilst being empowered to focus and achieve great results.
- Building strong relationships with publishers and promoting the benefits of membership
- Recruiting small to medium-sized publishers to join IMPRESS, hitting agreed targets
- Building relationships with potential funders and supporters of IMPRESS and booking meetings for senior managers and directors
- Making appointments for senior managers and directors with larger publishers
- Preparing and managing email campaigns to publishers and supporters
- Writing presentations and proposals to win new publishers and supporters
- Updating the CRM system to enhance management of customer relationships and visibility to other team members
- Gathering market intelligence and sharing this with the IMPRESS team
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team on ad hoc campaigns and activities
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have proven customer relationship building experience (sales or business development)
- Have strong communication skills, a professional telephone manner and the ability to understand customer needs
- Be target-driven with the ability to set and achieve stretching objectives
- Location: IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, EC4V 6AG
- Salary: £28,000-£30,000, Bonus OTE £38,000 - £40,000
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00–17:30 with 1hr lunch, 37.5hrs per week
- Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer (line management). Direct support to Head of Business Development (functional reporting)
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Close date: Thursday 23 March 17:00
- Interviews: Tuesday 4 April
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for this job to email@example.com with the subject line "Business Development Executive".
IMPRESS is committed to the aims of its Equality & Diversity Policy. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and encouraging equality and diversity. If you would like to help us with this, please click here to download our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return the completed form along with your application. This form will be separated from the application and kept anonymous. The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. Filling in this form is entirely voluntary and submission or non-submission will be entirely unconnected to the success of your application.